Thursday, August 28, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #3

Stacking The Shelves is hosted by http://www.tyngasreviews.com. Anyone can join in!

This week I got two new books. First up I got Four by Veronica Roth. I must admit I have only read Divergent and Insurgent, and will NEVER read Allegiant. I know the ending and I do not want to waste my life on that book. That being said, I hope I can follow along with Four's stories. I am hoping that most of the scenes from his point of view are from the first two books.

Second I got The Tale of Despereaux, by Kate DiCamillo, from Audible. Over the years I have heard nothing but great things about this book and I finally decided to see what all the fuss is about. Of course I have seen the movie, but books are always better than the movie.

A side note for aspiring authors. When Kate was submitting to agents she received close to 400 rejections. She later went on to win a Newbery Award for The Tale of Despereaux and a Newbery Honor for Because of Winn Dixie.

What's new to your shelf?



3 comments:

  1. I haven't even read Divergent yet, though I don't think I ever will now, to be honest. :/ :( Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Divergent, but I'm still trying to get through Insurgent. It keeps dragging for me, so I put it down for awhile. I'd like to read Four, though. I hope you love it!

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah I DNF'ed Allegiant and was spoiled a bit before I started it so I'm done with that trilogy! I'm curious about how you'll like the Four novellas though since I could see them being awesome or just meh for those of us who aren't completely fanatical about the books ;-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison