Wednesday, September 30, 2015

OMG! I Can Hardly Stand the Wait....A Drop of Night by Stefan Backmann

This post was inspired by an article I read on Itching for Books. Thank you, Shane. I'm so excited I want to share it too! Yes I know the cover was released in June, but it's new to me, so there.

I am huge fan of Stefan Bachmann. I love his writing style, snarky tweets, The Peculiars, and his contributions to The Cabinet of Curiosities. A couple of years ago I had the pleasure of meeting him at Wordstock in Portland Oregon. While there he was promoting the upcoming The Cabinet of Curiosities, and his most recent release, The Whatnot. During his Q & A session he briefly talked about a YA novel that he was writing. Being that YA is my favorite genre, my interest was piqued. Without further ado, I share with you, A Drop of Night. Available March of 2016.

Add to Goodreads

Five gifted teenagers are selected out of hundreds of other candidates to fly to France and help with the excavation of a vast, underground palace buried a hundred feet below the suburbs of Paris. Built in the 1780's to hide an aristocratic family and a mad duke during the French Revolution, the palace was sealed after the aristocrats fled there. No one has set foot in it for over two centuries.

Now, in the present day, the teenagers enter with cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art security, scientists and chaperones. And then a brutal accident occurs. No way out. Caught in the dark.

They will have to fight to survive. But are they really alone in the depths?





Doesn't it sound wonderful. I would pre-order it, but I can't decide if I want it on my Kindle, or hardback. Decisions, decisions. Here is a link to Stefan's blog where he revealed the cover for the first time, and he talks about how he hated the title! (Only at first, though. It is quite common for the publisher to choose book titles, despite what the author wants. Who knew? Now all of you do.)


From left, my friend, author Victoria Lindstrom, Claire Legrand, Stefan Bachmann, and Emma Trevayne (and a random lady who had no idea she photo bombed this awesome pic)


My personalized copy of The Whatnot

2 comments:

  1. that does sound wonderful. I think due to the cover I would totally want the hardback

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was quite an experience meeting Stefan, Claire, and Emma - such inspiring authors! I agree with Lily; I definitely want the hardback of Bachmann's soon to be released book. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Artist's Faeries kit by Lorie Davison